Graphics import of filled shapes into footprint (nightly)

I previously imported filled shapes from Inkscape via the import graphics function and set the imported shape to be a filled shape with a line thickness of 0. However, that’s not working any more. Am I doing something wrong or is this a regression?

PS: there is no “v6_99” tag here in the discourse, an admin please add it

Send the graphics file, it’s hard to say where’s the problem without it.

T.

1 Like

ok, the shape was not closed, maybe that was an issue. However it still doesn’t work as expected and I am sure that it used to work fine, maybe 6 months ago.
I need to set it a filled shape, but can’t, as KiCad only lets me select line segments. Am I doing something terribly wrong?

SVG file:
plusminus

there are many zero-length-segments in the svg, maybe they are a problem.

I have not changed the - and + signs since the last import, but even those I can’t import properly any more. Were there any changes relating to the SVG import in Nightly?

Please file a bug report for this, there have been changes that might impact importing and converting of shapes.

1 Like

Checked against stable, it works there. Going to file bug. Thanks everyone for the help!
grafik

Bug filed as SVG import of filled shapes not working any more (regression in 6.99, works in 6.0.9) (#13033) · Issues · KiCad / KiCad Source Code / kicad · GitLab

Workaround until fixed: Import into stable and the copy and paste into nightly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.