Gnd net not in netlist? kicad v8

I just tried to reproduce the second issue in V8 and I can sort of reproduce it. It goes away if you reload the schematic. That’s pretty serious. Having said that, there was a connectivity bug fixed today, which might be related.

I was reminded of something on the gitlab a while back. I couldn’t find it, but I did find a couple of issues that may be related, though not phrased quite the same as this one:

The same name lable and global lable can not connect together in the same page. (#17713) · Issues · KiCad / KiCad Source Code / kicad · GitLab (includes the connectivity changing on reload)

Net navigator panel is missing sheets after connecting local label to global nets (#16836) · Issues · KiCad / KiCad Source Code / kicad · GitLab (unclear whether related)

Net navigator doesn't show all sheets when new sheets are added (#16818) · Issues · KiCad / KiCad Source Code / kicad · GitLab (unclear whether related)

This feature seems to be new. I don’t remember noticing this in 7, but I may be wrong.
There is now the original Kicad placed ratline and an additional ratline attached to the cursor. I suppose the reason for this is the kicad placed ratline may be far from the area where track is being laid.

When the track is completed, both ratlines disappear.

This is by design.

Labels are for creating net names and attaching them to a net. When you connect a global label to the GND net, KiCad therefore assumes you want to rename the GND net.

In your case your schematic would be clearer if you remove the “test1” and “test2” labels with GND symbols, and mark the LED’s in some other way. You could for example place those texts in the value field of the LED’s themselves, or just as text strings.

Another note: I do not like the R_Small much. If you use the regular sized resistor, then you can place the value inside the resistor body, and as a result the combination takes up less space.

Sorry for the delay, i did need to finish my design.
Anyway i just wanted to do some testing but found the issue pretty fast.
Seems the issue is caused by adding something to a second sheet:

As you can see on the pictures, global net from the other sheet is not connected.
Not sure if it has been reported yet, looks like this:

No, I do not see that.
Why do you think there is something wrong?

Both connectors are the same nets but you can see that it will not let me route from one to the other connector

How am I supposed to see it won’t let you route from a static screenshot?
If it’s because of the ratsnest line. They do not show all. KiCad just shows one (mabye two?) for a pad.

on one connector the pads are highlighted but the second connector not

Why pads with test1 net should be highlighted when you route test_1 net?

1 Like

Missed that, i give up