GND_iso not global

I am using the symbol GND and GND_iso inside a hierarchical board part that is replicated 4 times in the main board. The GND I pass also as a hierarchical label.
The problem is that GND_iso is understood as global in the project and all connected at pcbnew, my intension is keep the isolation between the GND_iso of the different hierarchical sheets.
Whats is the best way to do that?

All power labels are global labels. (All invisible power input pins are global.)

Use hierarchical labels or local labels instead.

I imagined this.
The only think is that the schematic loose the great visual, quick to understand.
Some software, you can configure the project to keep the power labels as local or global.
I will check one way to keep the organization of the project.

In kicad power labels are just invisible power pins. And as mentioned above these are always global. Maybe the new file format will include a better (more flexible) implementation but this is a few years away.

Do you read the develop road map? (Do you known in which version will be, possible, implemented?)

The earliest the new file format will be implemented is in version 6. (At least 2 two 3 years in the future)

But i don’t really know the features of the new file format. (In other words: There is no guarantee that the power label stuff will be implemented in such a way as to support your requirement. Maybe have a look at the bug tracker if such a feature is already requested. If not make a bug report and mark it as wishlist.)

For anybody interested, this is the newest message i found where the file format definition is attached: https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg23302.html

1 Like

Inside the hierarchical sheet, substitute your GND_iso by a hierarchical label. Then, outside the sheet, connect the hierarchical pin to a power symbol GND_iso1, GND_iso2, GND_iso3 and GND_iso4.

1 Like

Yes, it is an idea to turn around the issue. But in case start to be a little complicated, the hierarchical sheet repeat 16 times inside different sub modules (4 times inside other 4 times sub modules).
Some others software allow to set in the project “all the power labels are local” (for example in Altium, …). I related this to the develop team…