Global Unlock for Version 5.1.4

I have been struggling with the bug that crashes KiCad as soon as you delete a locked track causing you to lose all your work since your last save.

I have however figured out a solution while they work on version 5.1.5 which, the main reason for the release of version 5.1.5 is exactly this issue.

When opening the Pcbnew saved file (XXX.kicad_pcb) with a text editor, I used Notepad++, I saw that at the end of each locked track, via or footprint they add " (status 40000)", so I just used the find and replace function of Notepad++ (ctrl+h) and replaced " (status 40000)" remember the space before the braces with nothing, make sure that you don’t have anything in the replace with field, not even a space

I believe using 5.1 testing builds from https://kicad-downloads.s3.cern.ch/index.html?prefix=windows/testing/5.1/ is less error prone. ATM they are between 5.1.5rc1 and 5.1.5 final, it’s frozen for other than critical bugfixes so it should be pretty safe.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.