Global Unlock Footprints in KiCad5

I would like to unlock all footprints and tracks. However I found there is only Toggle Lock/Unlock mode using “U” shortkey. I have some tracks that all ready “Lock” and some are “Unlock”. How could I possible only “Unlock” all of them, not “Toggle”.

Right-click and go to the “Locking” submenu

with multiple select, there is no Lock/Unlock submenu
However if I select only one item. Yes there is Lock menu

However if single select, the Lock will show. Cannot do multiple item selection!

Im looking at V5.0.2 here and don’t have the fancy Icons in the popup menu.
I do however have the “Locking” menu entry when multiple traces & footprints are selected.

With other combinations of different objects I also had menu items dissapearing.
What happens if you first use the “Select / Filter Selection” option and exclude anything but footprints. Does that re-enable the “Locking” menu ?

Also:
I’m sure I saw a “global unlock Footprints” somewhere in V5.0.2 but I can’t find it anymore. (Maybe search reference manual for “Footprint”?)

1 Like

The problem is I want to global Unlock tracks. There is no menu to do

I have not experimented with the locking itself, but I have the “Lock” menu with [RMB] in KiCad 5.0.2

1 Like

Multiple steps. As @paulvdh says, you can select all, filter the selection and then unlock.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.