Getting started with KiCad tutorial1 errors [resolved]

I’m new to KiCad, and I’ve been working through the getting started guide and have run into a problem. When I try to create the BOM, it will not generate due to an error. The message I keep getting after trying to generate is:
"Run command:
xsltproc -o “C:/Users/591304/Documents/KiCad Files/tutorial1/tutorial1.csv” “C:/Program Files/KiCad/bin/scripting/plugins/bom2csv.xsl” “C:/Users/591304/Documents/KiCad Files/tutorial1/tutorial1.xml”

Command error. Return code 11

Error messages:
I/O error : Invalid argument
I/O error : Invalid argument
"

The command line reads as:

xsltproc -o “%O.csv” “C:\Program Files\KiCad\bin\scripting\plugins\bom2csv.xsl” “%I”

I also cannot create a pcb design because it cannot find the footprints of the components, even though I followed the tutorial. Is this because of the BOM error?

Tell more about this problem. It’s difficult to see what you mean. Which step in the guide fails? How? Screenshots are often very useful when asking for help.

If @emma9513 is running a current nightly then the below is a valid guess. If they run v4 then my post can be ignored.

My guess would be that the tutorial uses the v4 names. We reorganized the libs so it will need updating.

@emma9513 if you reference some external resource, always link to it. In this case a link to your tutorial1 will help us.

See https://github.com/bobc/kicad-doc/wiki/Generate-BOM---Command-error.-Return-code-11

No.

What version of KiCad are you using?

Thanks for the suggestions, and sorry about no screen shots, I had trouble uploading them from my work computer. I think I fixed my problem. I don’t think everything was properly saved across the KiCad project manager. After going through and double checking the associations and then saving everything again, it started working.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.