Get schematic items on grid without having to redo connections

Ok, I did that.

Same result with default settings.

Schematic files attached. There are hierarchical sheets. Top level is sigprocess.

bias.kicad_sch (21.7 KB)
rado.kicad_sch (45.0 KB)
Signal Processing.kicad_sch (66.0 KB)
sigproccess.kicad_sch (147.4 KB)

Yes, that is the right location. Even if you attempt to change the grid in some other way, you are likely directed to the same dialog. Grid settings in KiCad V8 have become a bit complicated though. You can can set different grid overrides, and those overrides can be switched on /off with the grid icon with the red lock in the upper left corner.

Your problem is not with the ATtiny at all.

I have first set the Grid, and grid overrides for connections and wires to 50mils (I believe this is a global setting, and not project specific (you did not include the project / project files anyway.

And then, after aligning items to the grid, it does not align the hierarchical sheet labels, and these get misaligned.

After cleaning that up, most of the ERC warnings are gone.

2024-05-15_OffGrid.zip (39.8 KB)

Also, right after the Align Items to Grid you see little fat squares on a lot of corners. These look a lot like the open ends of connections, but they appear to be just some rendering artifact.

1 Like

Yes, the hierarchical sheets got disconnected too.

Are you saying that both ends of a connection get the red flag, even though only though only one side had the pin or label not connected?

Trying that now.

Perfect!

I just moved the imported pins on the hierarchal sheets–is that the best way?

I guess I was on some weird grid when I did the pin imports.

Thank you!

@Dave_Thomas

For future reference:

At the bottom, right center, of your screen, under the workspace, you will find your current working grid.
It is in the same location on all four editors.

It pays to keep an eye on this. :grinning:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.