Gerbers don't export board outline correctly

Hi all,

I’m on 5.99. When I export gerbers, the board outline/edge cuts are not exported correct.
I have drawn a 150x100 outline on the edge cuts layer, but when I import all gerber files to gerbview, I get an error with a bunch of “unexpected char” messages.
The board outline/edge cuts layer is just a line going diagonally from top left to bottom right. See below.

Any ideas?

Here are my plot settings

I believe it was caused by the edge cuts being created not by a polygon, but a square…
When I create it with polygon lines, the layer is correctly plotted on the gerbers.

I suspect you drew the edgecuts using the LINE tool and the diagonal line is an accidental leftover (tail).

In PCBNew, go to the Edgecuts layer and remove the diagonal line and save it. Then try making the Gerbers again.

I’m not so sure about:

I also just made gerbers of a PCB outline drawn with a rectangle and it looked like something fishy was happening when viewing at them in Gebview. I’m not in a mood to investigate further, and therefore I did not respond earlier.

Hi guys,
Paul is right, when I draw the outline using the polygon tool the board outline is ok in the gerber files, but if the outline is drawn using the rectangle tool, the outline is not properly exported in th gerber file.

By polygon tool, I mean the draw line tool :slight_smile:

Please report this bug and attach the example project. I can’t seem to recreate it, so it may be something special with your board or there may be an issue that has since been resolve.

FWIW

I am using a recent nightly. My board outline is identified as a rectangle (but I don’t recall the actual method I used to draw it).

My gerbers are fine.

Application: KiCad

Version: (5.99.0-10363-ga7f956581c), release build

Libraries:
	wxWidgets 3.1.4
	libcurl/7.74.0-DEV Schannel zlib/1.2.11

Platform: Windows 10 (build 19041), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW

Build Info:
	Date: Apr 20 2021 12:03:29
	wxWidgets: 3.1.4 (wchar_t,STL containers)
	Boost: 1.75.0
	OCC: 7.5.0
	Curl: 7.74.0-DEV
	ngspice: 34
	Compiler: Visual C++ 1928 without C++ ABI

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.