Generating Drill Files using Python Script

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone has generated merged and/or separate drill files using python scripts. I am able to generate gerber files using the following link with modifications to better match my needs.

However, this link only generates gerber files and not the drill files. Without the drill files…well, the python script to generate the gerber files are mostly useless as you still need to plot it yourself within KiCAD. If anyone has any ideas on where to look or similar forum posts, I would greatly appreciate it! This may not be possible yet on KiCAD as well, I just figured after hours of looking, it might be best to try and post something.

Thank you

google for panelization or multi panel - several threats also here in forum manufacturing partition. There are commercial non trivial tools specialized for this task with several import export move rotate features linked in the other threats. Unfortunately Kicad cannot cover this for the moment. Nevertheless, there is only small diffrence between Gerber and Excellon file format if you like to contribute code therefore. Mainly the file headers are completly diffrent while the formats can be easily converted to each other. Some links are also where I struggled with drill format here: Reverse Workflow

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.