G5V-2 Relay, A hole without annular ring would be good

Hello, am hoping that I’ve selected the correct category for this

I am hoping to be able to draw a plated thru hole with no annular ring, am using a G5V-2 Relay that has eight terminals of which some aren’t being used in my circuit, even though some relay terminals aren’t being used there’s obviously still a need for holes in the PCB for them to go through

There are several G5V-2 relays in my circuit and even though a few of them have terminals not being used I have chosen to have them soldered to annular rings to help with support strength (all 8 relay terminals soldered), the problem I am facing is that 1 relay with an unused terminal gives me room to draw a track between terminals if it has no annular ring, a plated thru hole isn’t a problem

Any suggestions will be appreciated, thank you in advance

Hit e with the mouse over it. click the “Edit Footprint”. And change It the way you want.

Thank you very much for the quick reply, the problem I am facing is my lack of knowledge, is there another part of the forum where I can ask for help about editing a footprint so as to gain a hole with no annular ring

You can probably draw the hole without an annular ring, but if you want to manufacture a physical board, in order for the hole to be plated inside, an annular ring is usually needed at least on both outer layers, front and back, otherwise the manufacturing process won’t work properly.

1 Like

I do not know this for a fact but what you said sounds like my guess.

Holes that are not PTH’s are also an option but that requires an added drilling step after plating.

Thank you very much for all the help, have decided to use a small annular ring
small

Double check to meet the rules of your pcb etcher. Small annular rings are bad for manufacturing. If there is small thermal expansion of the material, the hole walks out of center and the board becomes a reject for the manufacturer.

Holes without copper are known als mounting holes. (non-plated). If you have only small manufacturing quantity, you may consider to drop the hole completely and cut the relay pin before assembly

1 Like

Thank you very much, what a great idea in cutting the relay pin

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.