Freeware autoroute

Hello. Tell me who knows what free auto route can be screwed for Kikad? And why is it not integrated into Kikad by default?

The freerooter tried to fasten to Kikadu and did not understand where to find a normal work package. All the time something is required and not found.

You could try this.

https://freerouting.org/

The developers put their time into manual routing enhancements. Try things like the push/shove router and you’ll see. They are very good and you can be quite productive with them once you get the hang of them. Few here use auto routing by choice.

I tried it. But on WinXP - Oracle Java not installed write not support

Well, WinXP is end of life so I’m not sure anyone can be of much help on this one. I don’t use Windows unless I have to so I’m out. Is it possible for you to do a dual boot with a Linux version?

1 Like

You should not be connected to the Internet on XP, which has not been patched by Microsoft for ages now.

I want to go to Linux, but the problem is that I have a lot of old projects on the windows. For example ERS VCRS and is also for programming microcontrollers AVR32 not available for Linux Atmel studio and more more more…

If you have the disk space, dual boot lets you choose one or the other at boot time.

This is for W10 but XP is much easier because there is no ‘secure boot’ . I haven’t done it in a long time but if you have enough disk space, deallocate some of the file system for Linux and it will just add both at boot time. If you can put a second hard drive in for Linux, even better. All that will get touched on the XP drive is the boot loader.

Or add a USB external drive and install to that. Then you can leave your XP untouched.

Of course, if I don’t find a solution, I’ll have to save data to repartition the disk for the Linux partition. It is very inconvenient to jump from one OS to another just for tracing.

External drive is not necessary to buy it. There are bootable flash drives but from them the lifeCD works with brakes.

Two years ago I was still working on Windows XP with 21" monitor. But now I have second-hand Dell with Windows 7 (I payed 200 Euro, but there were others for 75 Euro) + 24" monitor (also second hand - 80 Euros). That XP I still use because my 20-years old Protel (all my projects) don’t work on 64 bit system, and I don’t wont to have two systems on one computer (and don’t know if I am alloved to).
I write it only to suggest to consider such solution.

I think the easiest is the simplest solution without a cash investment. This is a free virtual machine such as VirtualBox.

The correct way to do that is to use a modern OS as host and put the very vulnerable XP into a virtual container

1 Like

What I am not sure is if I have bought PC with Win7 licenced to it and I have old PC with XP licenced to that hardware am I allowed to install XP on that Win7 PC.
The other is I fill myself being not enough skilled in safety subject so I prefere to have XP on PC with no internet connection at all.
In my case I suppose this XP computer will be standing on my desk 2…3 years and I will switch it on rarely and than I will decide it will be no more needed.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.