Forum expired certificate

So you’ve both got a monitor that’s around 2600 (2580?) pixels wide.
If Firefox is much wider, the “FAQ” text has the same distance from the right margin, but the rest of the forum stays in the middle, and the “FAQ” text is on the right side of the icons.

More important though:
Actually clicking on the FAQ link gives a security warning:

Not sure why the cert was only good for 2 months. There are scripts to automatically keep them updated though.

Let’s Encrypt follows a model of short expiry and frequent renewal, as a security measure.

I haven’t seen the FAQ link ever since I switched to the dark theme… I’m really glad that the FAQ index was stickyed or I’d never find it again… :wink:

It looks like the “FAQ” text link was hacked into the forum software.
The most obvious “better” solution would be to make it an icon and integrate it with the Search, Hamburger, and Avatar Icons.

Indeed it was. My javascript and web niceties are just about as good as my C++ for working on KiCad code… :smiley:

Help will not be turned away!

Hey, lookee there. I just noticed the FAQ button has appeared on the dark theme. Thanx. :smiley:

Perhaps an effect of your server swap over.
It was impossible to log in with the correct credentials.
Needed to go through a password reassign procedure.

I got logged out because it tossed my cookies but I had no problem signing back in. My browsers are set to toss cookies when I close them so I have to re-login on a regular basis.

Not sure what happened to you, I only had to re-login. Whether the server side session data is preserved across server changes depends on where it’s stored. Load balanced/redundant web services use persistent storage like a database. Back when I was in a server admin team, I also saw a shared NFS drive used.

After so many hours I do an F5 to reflect the most recent posts. This time the entire site simply vanisched like it did not exist. Today then the little re-login drama.

Hi

Not sure it’s related to the certificate, but it seems that links to forum posts inside another post are still using the 2020forum URLs (and lead to the “potential security risk ahead” notice).

For those still experiencing problems, what platform and browser are you using. I’m on Debian and using Firefox with all sorts of privacy and security extensions and have no problems. I actually have to switch to a less restricted browser to read some sites. I may have done some ‘exceptions’ on the extensions at some point for this site.

For the record, I’m using FF 81.0.1 on Win7.

And to be explicit:

I wonder how those 2020forum links came about. When the 2020 is deleted from the URL it works.

Ah! This was part of the merging over, the 2020 site was my test instance. I will rebake all of the links that should point to the new URL.

Looks like the rebake worked on some/most posts, but if people see others, I may have to update links one at a time.

As noted in another thread, it seems that the badges have been reseted and sone old users are being recognized as new ones.

But I checked my achievements when I also received that “first link” badge, and I had all the old badges there. As if they were checked from the wrong place when granting new badges.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.