Formatting escape sequences for text

I was wondering if anyone knew of any text formatting codes in a text box to apply formatting at a character level. I know of the tilde (~) for over-bar and it acts as a switch. (First tilde turns it on, second turns it off, third turns it on, etc.) And two consecutive tildes will escape the code and give me a tilde character.

But are there any other formatting codes? Are there any others to allow me to bold, italicize, underline, superscript, and/or subscript a substring of the whole text while leaving the rest of the text to the settings in the text properties requestor?

FWIW Here is my build information, built using kicad-winbuilder running on Win8.1Pro:

Application: kicad
 Version: (2015-01-30 BZR 5397)-product Release build
 wxWidgets: Version 3.0.0 (debug,wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,GCC 4.8.2,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
 Platform: Windows NT 6.2 (build 9200), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
 Boost version: 1.54.0
          USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
          USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
          KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
          KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
          KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
          USE_FP_LIB_TABLE=HARD_CODED_ON
          BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
          KICAD_USE_WEBKIT=ON

Thanks for that tip. Sorry I have no more to add. I tested the ~ in both eeschema and pcbnew and it works great in both. The other usual suspects and everything else I tried around the keyboard in singles and doubles didn’t achieve anything else. There are text format attributes for an entire text element for bold or italic, but I can’t see anything at the character level.

Thanks again,
Geoff

i think basically only the ~ is implemented for the ‘NOT’ notation.
i found out about it by mistake i thing :wink: