Footprint viewer is empty

Hi,

I used to used Kicad 4.0 without any problem. Some weeks ago I upgraded to Lubuntu 18. Tried to install Kicad 4.0, but I had some trouble with the displaying of schematic and pcb, so I installed Kicad 5. It is much better, but after I made a schematic and I want to assign footprint to a component using Cvpcb I can’t get display any footprint, when I click on “Display selected footprint”. However on the left panel I can see the module library names, and on the middle panel there are some component with associated footprints, but I also unable to get to display them.

Is there anybody who can help me in this situation?
Thanks

The most likely problem is that you use the “wrong” filter settings in CvPcb.
Have a look at this FAQ article for details on how to use CvPcb (Click the link to see the full post. Or the little triangle on the top left corner if it is displayed in your browser)

And as you updated from version 4 to version 5 you will need to look at your library setup as i bet it is a bit screwed up right now. (Again click the link or the arrow to get the full post.)

1 Like

Dear Rene,

Thank you for the fast answer! I enabled the "Footprint previews in symbol chooser (experimental)”, now everything works well.

Thanks a lot!
Regards:
Csaba

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.