Footprint pull-request without 3D model (F9.2)?

Hi all,
I’m almost ready to submit my first ever pull request containing a new footprint.
However the check_kicad_mod.py helper-script gives an error F9.3 “No 3D model provided”

is the 3D model required for all components in the main libraries?
if Yes - is anyone interested in helping - since I have no experience creating 3D components and no great interest in this either (sorry…)?

Thanks,
A

humm, submitted the pr and Travis-CI errors out with the same error I saw locally

Violating F9.3
3D model settings
No 3D model provided
The command “bash /home/travis/build/kicad-library-utils/pcb/travis/check_all.sh $TRAVIS_BUILD_DIR -v” exited with 1.

We do not need the 3d model it self. But we need the footprint to be prepared for one. This means fill out the 3d model settings as described in KLC and you should be good regarding this topic.

Thanks!
I did not find a way to do this via the footprint editor GUI, but the helper-script with --fix seems to do the trick.

check_kicad_mod.py --fix mypart.kicad_mod

in version 5.0.x

In the footprint properties dialog add some random wrl file and edit the filename to fit the footprint you are currently working on.

I requested a button that fills this out in one go over at the bugtracker: https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1804955

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.