Footprint Problem Potentiometer Runtron_RM-065_vertical

Hi,

I have a problem with the Footprint Potentiometer Runtron_RM-065_vertikal.

The error is “Footprint has an invalid lock area (no closed outline)”. Can somebody help?

thanks

KiCad version information? Is the library from the same version? How did you run into that error message?

Anyways, the footprint seems to have bad fab and courtyard layers. The graphic line ends do not collide, the outlines aren’t continuous. That may have something to do with the problem.

It’s Version 5.1.4-0-10_14). I think the library is also from the same version. I don’t know how can I see. The error is if I make a DRC check.

This lines in the *.mod file make the problem. But I don’t understand the lines.

(fp_line (start -1.03 -1.55) (end 6.03 -1.55) (layer F.CrtYd) (width 0.05))
(fp_line (start -1.03 -1.55) (end -1.03 6.05) (layer F.CrtYd) (width 0.05))
(fp_line (start 6.03 6.05) (end 6.03 -1.55) (layer F.CrtYd) (width 0.05))
(fp_line (start 6.05 6.03) (end -1.05 6.03) (layer F.CrtYd) (width 0.05))

@Rene_Poschl, would it be possible to run automated tests for such problems? I didn’t know this can be a problem, and because it seems to be a problem which can be detected programmatically, it should be possible to create a test for it. Or has this crept in from some backdoor despite of tests?

No need for low level editing.

I think travis already has a check for closed courtyard. This was of course added after v5 brought the courtyard checks to kicad. I suspect that footprint is from before this was introduced.

I would have thought all footprints, even old ones, would go through new tests.

Travis runs on new additions only as we can not expect contributors to fix existing problems outside of what they touched.

And yes the scripts can be run on the full lib. Did you just volunteer for the task of fixing all currently existing assets?

Thank you for help. Now it works.

Hmm… let me read again my previous posts carefully :slight_smile:

Realistically it might be possible to fix at least part of them, provided that I’ll get a list of footprints and errors.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.