Footprint pad numbers change

I hereby certify that I am not simply asking someone else to design a footprint for me.

This is an auto-generated message that is in place on the “footprints” section of the KiCad.info forum. If I remove it and ask for a footprint to be designed anyway, I understand that I will be subject to forum members telling me to go design my own footprint or referring me to a 3rd party footprint site.

Hi,
In my recent footprint, It has 240pins I need to change the footprint pad number as well as pad name at once in order

. Is there a way to do so?
Here’s the attached the footprint

Write a program to process the footprint file?

Make one pad first and use Create Array. You can choose the numbering scheme.

But I don’t know what you mean by “pad name”.

Thank you.
I mean i have the listed pad/pin names in excel sheet I want to copy all 264 pin in order

Wish i could do that,
But I dont know to write.

Pins are in symbols, not in footprints. You can do the footprint with the array tool anyways.

The symbol may be more difficult. Can you show visually what you actually have and what you need?

For the footprint side of things: There is a way to update pad numbers in the order of mouseover. So you might not need to use the array tool. However i currently don’t have access to kicad and don’t quite remember how this feature is called (it is however definitely in the right click context menu and i suspect it might be under the pad sub menu with a name indicating pad reordering or similar)

It’s difficult to use for left/right numbering, you would need to go zigzag. It’s easier to create an array.

1 Like

Sorry I was to mention pad number.
Yeah It’s possible
selecting the footprints and right click > Pads > Renumber Pads
For eg., Changing current Pad number from 1 to X1_A1.

I’m facing a new issue while doing the schematic, Kicad automatically closes(Don’t know the reason) and early settings are lost.

Thanks was able to do by pad setting

Crashing and loosing data is always a critical bug, especially in the stable series (I suppose you use 5.1?). If you find a way to repeat the situation, please report this.

Yes it’s 5.1.6 stable version.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.