Footprint on PCB doesn't match the component onschematic

Hello

I have a component that is a 2 pin connecting through which I can power the board that I plan to build. Its just has 2 pins, 12V and gnd. This 12V goes to regulators and that goes to power different components on the board.

I generated the netlist and to my surprise, pin 1(12 V) and pin 2 (GND) are connected on the footprint. I don’t know why? That’s not the case on the schematic. I checked and see that they are not named the same.

Does anybody know why this happened and how to fix it? I have attached screenshots.

Thank you

V

arun R

But they are connected:

That’s a very elaborate and unnecessarily complicated way to let some sparks fly.

1 Like

uuuhhhhggggg … Stupid mistake … I should have connected it to power flag. I fixed it.

Thank you for pointing it out

If I may make an observation, you don’t need to run schematic wires between all the pins that are connected by ground. Place the ground symbol that you are using by each grounded pin and connect to the ground symbol. That should reduce at least some of the visual clutter of closely spaced parallel lines. I would usually suggest the same for your power nets, but I think in this case the one line from the +5V to the two remote locations isn’t that much extra, especially since the other two power nets are close enough or few enough pins that you don’t need to try to find virtually connected power symbols.

Also, I tend to use the PWR_FLAG symbol as an indicator to me for the source of the power network. If you have to use them on the schematic anyway, why not get some function from them. For example, for your +5V network I’d put the PWR_FLAG either near the output end of the coil (is that L0?) or near the filter cap (Cin1?).

Interesting Ref’d names… Whatever works for you, I guess.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.