Footprint of LM324

Hello

In my PCB board in eeschema layout, one of the component is LM2902 (Low-Power, Quad-Operational Amplifiers, DIP-14/SOIC-14/SSOP-14). But in the PCB board editor, I cannot find it’s footprint? Can you guys tell me where can I get it’s footprint?
Thanks in advance.

<-- post deleted -->

The thing is I don’t have the part with me. I have a circuit which I look to make the PCB design. In that circuit the name of the opamp that they used is LM2902.

You asked this question recently about transistors. But judging from this post you don’t seem to have understood what we were saying. This IC comes in several packages: DIP-14/SOIC-14/SSOP-14 as you yourself post. You have to decide which package you will use and then select that footprint.

1 Like

This is a case where an industry standard IC comes in many common packages and maybe a few which are not so common. First choose which package you want based first upon the datasheet and multiple other considerations. Is this board for yourself or for your employer? If it is for you, choose package based upon what you already have or price availability size and ease of soldering. If it is for your employer, perhaps your boss or coworkers have some other thoughts. I like to choose packages which are widely available and easy to solder.

Then choose the KiCad footprint which matches your chosen package. Be careful because different manufacturers name some packages differently. Check dimensions carefully.

I tend to edit my own footprints, using the KiCad standard libraries as a starting point.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.