Footprint for Schurter 1301.9307 Pushbutton Switch

Hi, I am fairly new to KiCad, working on my first board layout. I am using the Schurter 1301.9307 Pushbutton Switch and am looking for an appropriate footprint. Can anyone identify a footprint I could use either in the built in KiCad libraries or a library that is available for download?

Here is the datasheet: http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/358/typ_LPH-184348.pdf

Welcome, new KiCad user :smiley:

This switch is very similar to most cheap tactile switches, there’s almost certainly a part that fits in the standard library - however, it’s also a very simple footprint, so it’d be a great chance to get some practice making footprints of your own…

1 Like

The nearest footprint in the official lib is Buttons_Switches_THT:SW_PUSH_6mm_h13mm

If you don’t have this lib, open the footprint editor. In there use preferences->footprint library wizard to add the lib.

1. Select github as source.
    (If you want a local library setup also select “save copy to” and select a storage location where your user has write access. Example your home directory. Here more details on how to setup kicad to have local footprint libs, written by @bobc)
  2. Press next
  3. in the next window select Buttons_Switches_THT (or all libs if you want)
  4. press next until your reach the last page of the dialog
  5. select “add to global lib table”
  6. finish
1 Like

Great! I think that one will work perfectly, the pads are spaced exactly the same as the drilling diagram in the datasheet.

On that note, is there a distance measurement tool built into the footprint viewer (that which is built into CvPCB) or a way to click on a pad and see it’s position? I had to open the actual footprint editor to get accurate measurements and I’d rather not do this every time if I don’t have to.

Yeah. Kinda annoying. I’m using stable and I couldn’t even find a way to change the grid so I’d have a reference. I don’t think it even alerts you to what grid is displayed if I remember correctly.