First KiCad Project and New User Introduction

I used to enjoy reading Elektor magazine and I found their schematic style easy to read. Some of their circuit collections (300 circuits, 301 circuits, and so forth) can be downloaded from the Internet Archive, e.g.: elektor-301-circuits : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

One keen person on this forum has even published an Elektor style symbol library.

They used to include a joke circuit every book. For one, it was a “0V reference” which was just a dead short. :rofl:

Edit: Ah, found the circuit:

1 Like

I remember an oldie from QST (amateur radio) magazine. It was in the April fools day issue. It was a design idea entitled “Get Crystal stability from your old VFO” (variable frequency oscillator.) It added the VFO frequency into a total and then subtracted it out again (or something like that.) Of course, it rendered the VFO useless.

Wow I found it, but my wording was not quite exact… :frowning:

1 Like

That was a joke ?
:mouse:
:partying_face:

I know this thread got off-topic and my intention was really just to introduce myself and my first ‘little’ project (which is part of a bigger project). Well today without a shred of patience I threw my project into a live environment and well… we suffered an unknown anomaly. :zap:

So with that said I want thank everyone who joined in and gave helpful advice and links. I think I have some reading time ahead of me and some redesign and in the process I am sure I will become more adept at KiCad. Its been a great welcoming onboard thread and I will be back with a bigger project, better design, and hopefully better schematics.

Thanks! :smiley:

3 Likes

EM,

Thank you for your post. If this isn’t/wasn’t the best place to put the discussion is outside of my circle of influence, but I applaud your first effort.

This is the kind of project I would use as a springboard to competency much as you are doing.

I’m a recently retired electro-mechanical engineer and have the “itch” to become more electronic savvy. In my professional life I designed, built and operated Remotely Operated Vehicles. Lots of high voltage power, signal comm’s and such but no/little actual component design. All wrapped up in a 1 atmosphere pressure vessel…

Thanks again for your post

Happy New Year!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.