Finding pins with the same label

When I open a schematic (usually one that wasn’t made by myself) and I see a pin with a label, what is the fastest way to find out which other pins it is connected to?

I am very often forgetting where my own nets are coming from or going to. I find it to be an imperfect method but I use find (Cntrl-F). Unfortunately that has no particular filter for nets, at least so far as I have seen. So it will find anything with that text.

I like your cat icon. Do you need to shave? :slight_smile:

BTW Today is Thanksgiving holiday in USA. I suspect that causes some noticeable dip (I do not know how much) in forum participation today and perhaps through Sunday.

In v6 (now RC1) there’s the Highlight net tool. Right hand vertical toolbar, second button from top.

In 5.1.x it is also. I have just checked that if I click at label the bot labels are highlighted - this and second end of my wire. But I use only one page schematic. Don’t know how it works for multi.

I just tested 5.1 and the tool doesn’t work if there are no wires; it doesn’t highlight when clicking on a label or pin. If a wire is clicked the labels are highlighted, but not pins. Version 6 highlights wires, pins and labels, and clicking works even on power symbol name.

If I remember correctly v6 works well between sheets, too.

Eeschema / Edit / Find [Ctrl + F]
Every time you click on Find it cycles to the next text that matches your search text.

Ahh so it is. That is a good (useful) one.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.