Filter in Chooser, no way to filter for 'explicit value'?

I’m using a db that I built up in SQLite and it’s working fine except when I go to select a part in the chooser the filter seems to grab everything. As an example, I’d like to place a 16 Ohm resistor. Type that in the filer box and I get literally every single resistor in my table because it collects "16 or “Ohm”. If I just put 16 that gets rid of the “Ohm” returns but I’m still stuck with all resistors that have a 16 in their MPN or (more annoyingly) it selects all 0603(1608 Metric) parts and all 1206 (3216 Metric) parts. It’s just searching for the value 16 anywhere and everywhere.

Is there any way to make it more specific, only search a specific field or only get the complete string? I tried quotes with no luck.

Is there any way to make it more specific, only search a specific field or only get the complete string? I tried quotes with no luck.

As far as I know there is no specific filtering available.

But, for normal libraries:

• the filter-string “12Ohm” delivers only symbols with the complete string.
  • the filter-string “12 Ohm” (separated with space-char) delivers only symbols which contain “12” and "“Ohm”

If the search in database-libraries delivers different results, than this could be a bug (depends on developer-intention).
It would be good if some other database-users could check this behaviour (I’m still stuck with the legacy library-system).

Seems that the search string 10K results in the parts that contains at least 10K or 10K+other stuff, so it gets:
10K, 110K, 210K … and so on:

and to be honest i like this behaviour…

Yeah, I am not surprised that a generic search like 16 pulls up all kinds of stuff – and it is across all tables. I don’t really use the search much as I have divided my library into manageable tables and table views (and just jump into the table and scroll down), but if I type something like 10k, I get an expected response:

or a partial:

It does seem to act the same on both the native library and the db so that’s not an issue. I guess you’re telling me that the space-char is always interpreted as AND and there is no way to force it to be a literal or restrict a result? Using my earlier example, searching 16 Ohm gets me: 16 AND Ohm, no matter if I use quotes or any other symbol and that is the expected behavior?

If so I guess I can rework my db to remove all spaces between the value and the unit.

yes. (I think, I don’t know the code).
Currently expressions/quotes are not evaluated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.