Filled zone problems - covering holes in footprints

Hello all, SO I am quite new at this - and have tried searching through the forum for anyone else with a similar problem. There are a few, but none of them helped unfortunately, so here I am!

I am physically mounting a SOC-227 mosfet to a riser board - This project is that riser board. But I am having a lot of issues with the foot print and fill zone matching up. The solid one, just goes over the hole in the foot print. The therm relief set at 0 causes weird lines to go through the holes. I thought that it was just rendering artifact, but when I looked in gerbv, there were no holes at all in the design that I could see, and on top of it, there was a microscopic line around the pad where the thermal relief would be.

I should mention that I did not try gerbv with solid fill zones on

Any ideas?

The 3d viewer by default does not show holes in zones to conserve computation power. To get the correct view enable “show holes in zones” found within the preferences->render options menu of the 3d viewer.

1 Like

That did the trick! I would have though that big green circle meant it was selected… It looks perfect now! Thank you Rene

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.