Fill zones do not fill ...anymore

I used to be able to make copper pours for ground planes etc. But later on the same board, I’m making the same thing and it doesn’t work anymore. See the zone within the PQFP64, it’s hatched and not filled, I then tried another GND zone on the left with no succes. The edit window on the left refers to the GND zone that is not showing as filled. Switched between open GL and regular mode with no succes. Am I doing something wrong? On this same screenshot, you can see two other successful pours. Help needed!

I think you need to explicitly connect this zone to GND net for it to get filled. Just a trace stub from GND pin of the PQFP64 to the fill zone should be sufficient

2 Likes

Got it! thanks, it works! :slight_smile:

Also, at some point you want or need to overlap zones, take note of the priority field in that dialog you have in the screenshot there. Zones won’t fill without the proper order either (or I couldn’t even create them in the first place, when this was set not properly).

1 Like

Thanks, you’ll certainly save me another head scratching session with this.

Thanks guys, got this issue sorted out for me with a quick stop by the forums. :slight_smile: