Feature request, enter multiple heirarchical schematics

It would be helpful to be able to “enter” more than one heirarchical sheet at a time.

In the present example, one sheet is the power section, and the other is a sort of complicated ADC with several power pins.

It is easy to imagine how pleasant life could be if only we could open both of those schematics at the same time.

1 Like

I agree, many times you need compare or modify according to match with another sheet

I think this could be a useful feature, but I figured I should mention that this forum is only for users, so feature requests here will not be tracked or potentially acted on. Not a bad idea to discuss ideas here to clarify the request, but to make it onto the official wishlist someone needs to open an issue on Gitlab either directly at

or in KiCad with About KiCad > Report Bug

Edit: The work around for now would be to open up another instance of the schematic editor at the same time, just looking at the sub sheet. You’d have to be super careful not to change anything unintentionally though and it still runs a risk of file corruption.

I much prefer plotting to PDF and opening that on the side to opening a second instance. It’s way too easy to forget which instance is ok to modify

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.