Failing to build on mac... help please

Hi, Following my earlier post about mac builds I have been trying to build one locally.
I’m using the mac build script from git@github.com:xzcvczx/kicad-app.git, as suggested, on Mac OSX on El Capitan. XCode + cli tools are installed and patched.

The good news: wxWindows compiles ok, and I think wxPython too, as I get lots of python compiles happening. However, I do get:

ImportError: No module named wxversion

towards the end of the build. I suspect this is a result of other issues. The build system is creating under ‘build’ the directory trees lib.macosx-10.11-x86_64-2.7 and temp.macosx-10.11-x86_64-2.7, but the built process then sets the python module path to:

build/kicad/kicad.app/Contents/Frameworks/python/site-packages

(which doesn’t exist) prior to calling wxversion: I don’t know of anything that has started to create a kicad.app tree yet.

I’ve attached the latter part of the build log at the end; the other issue is that OpenMP is not discovered by the build scripts. I did try using a homebrew-build gcc-6, and OpenMP was found fine, but that then failed on some of the apple-specific code in the headers, leaving NSApp undefined. My clang calls itself

$ cc --version
Apple LLVM version 8.0.0 (clang-800.0.42.1)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0
Thread model: posix

A StackOverflow poster suggested that installing homebrew-llvm might work, but I’m a but reluctant at present as I’ve already got a lot of cruft on my system… :slight_smile:

Really hoping for some assistance…

build.log (554.6 KB)

I just ignore the missing OpenMP…never bothered looking into what was wrong with that for my mac builds…

Just to double-check, you definitely do not also have wxwidgets or wxpython installed via brew, right?

c4757p, unfortunately, although I did have a wxPython from brew, deleting it and doing a complete rebuild didn’t help.

I have pushed a modified version of kicad-app to my repo:

https://github.com/rivimey/kicad-app

Would you be able to have a look?

Got it working now using your script, though I did try your script unchanged, originally. I guess there’s an error in my changes to it somewhere. Unfortunately I’m not sure what has made the difference. Continue posts in other thread.