Export Pin table from the symbol Library editor as CSV

Hi There,

Is there a possibility for me to export the pintable of a schematic symbol ?

I could see that all defined pins are present in the table but would not allow me to export or edit those pins in table view. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,
-Pix

You can edit the pins in the table view. What version are you using ? Help / About KiCad / Copy version info and paste here.

Hi Efcis,

Application: kicad
Version: (5.0.0), release build
Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.0.3
libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.11 libssh2/1.8.0 nghttp2/1.23.1 librtmp/2.3
Platform: Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Build Info:
wxWidgets: 3.0.3 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Boost: 1.60.0
OpenCASCADE Community Edition: 6.8.0
Curl: 7.54.1
Compiler: GCC 7.1.0 with C++ ABI 1011

Build settings:
USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=OFF
BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
KICAD_USE_OCE=ON
KICAD_USE_OCC=OFF
KICAD_SPICE=ON

Please see the version as above.

Regards,
-Pix

Hi @pixellon

I can’t remember if you were able to edit pins as a table in 5.0, but I actually can do it in 5.1.2 (which is the current stable version). You maybe could consider upgrading to get this functionality.

1 Like

Hi Efcis,

Thanks for your comment. I will try to upgrade.Would I be able to export the pin table as csv in 5.1.2 from what you know ?

Regards,
-Pix

Not per se, but you can copy the whole table, and paste it in spreadsheet by specifying the Tab character as a separator

2 Likes

Hi Efcis,

Thanks for the response. This is exactly what i was looking. for complex FPGA’S having several 100 pins would make it easier for me to make gated schematic parts.

Regards,
-Pix.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.