Export only Trace/Vias as 3D model

Hi All,

New to the forum & fairly new to EDA in general. Is there a way to export the “Cu only” from a board (e.g. what I see in the 3d view below) as STL or some other solid model format…or perhaps access it via the Python Scripting Console and export it that way? The application is for mechanical simulations.

Thanks in advance!!
-Rob

Picture1

Try the StepUp workbench in FreeCAD. It can import tracks from .kicad_pcb files.

But that is only for presentation purposes. To get solid you should go through FreeCad with fcad_pcb macro

MitjaN - Thank you! - this looks to be EXACTLY like what I am after. I was trying out StepUp and noticed the imported features weren’t solids and seemed to lack vias…I will give facd_pcb a shot.

So it looks like fcad_pcb is doing what I want…only exception is that it hasn’t created the oval pads (compare below to original image from KiCAD)…anyone had experience with this or is there something I am missing…again thank you so much in advance.

You should raise an issue od fcad_pcb github page. The author is pretty responsive

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.