Excluding certains pins from PCB?

I’m busy reverse engineering a schematic and PCB from a old SMPS
On the board there is a HV transformer like this:

Screenshot from 2022-11-16 21-31-30

2 of the pins are not connected on the PCB but instead connect to highpower diodes via strange metal strips.

I know on the schematic editor you can exclude the part from the PCB, but I want to only exclude the 2 pins (Pins 4 and 5)

What is the best way to do this? I"m thinking the only way is have two seperate footprints, one for the HV transformer (which I need to remove coil across 4-5) and then create a new footprint with the coil and set this to not appear on the PCB.

Is there a simpler way to do this I’m missing (On latest 6.99)

If you have a footprint in which some numbers are missing wouldn’t you just get an ERC warning that some symbol pins are not connected which you can then suppress or ignore? Ditto for one end of the diodes.

It must be late - why didn’t I think of that :slight_smile: Yes, the not connected pins I’ll just suppress and make a note on the schematic that it’s connected to the heatsink.

You also just can add a no connect flag on these pins and then even the warning will not show up or am I stupid here?

The pins are connected on the schematic but not on the PCB so a no connect is not going to help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.