Ethernet schematic for Arduino Based Projects

Hi, I don’t know if there is a specific place I could look for community KiCad projects, but I’m looking for an Ethernet KiCad schematic I could use in my project based on the AtMega328. If you know where I can find one, or have one you’re willing to share, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

I know that the AVRs (or whatever they are called now) can handle USB via that LUFA library, but Ethernet?

You might be better off with some 32bit MCU from Ti or STM with an ARM core.
They have those peripherals in the bigger versions and you don’t need to dick around with some 32bit co-MCU that you than have to control with that small AVR via I2C or SPI.
Some of them are even supported via the Arduino IDE nowadays, so you can reuse your sketches.
And yes, that is the reason most people move towards those 32bit MCUs… to get all in one MCU.

PS: if you’re open to tool-chain changes, look out for open source compatibility and free tools/IDEs/programmers.
It’s a wide field, I settled on the STM32 stuff, cheap programmers (or even via USB), free IDE and cheap ICs/dev boards.
The Chinese also come up with some neat stuff, like that Espressif thing.

PPS: and the last big hype is python on ARM32 cores… called microphyton, which runs on a couple of boards already.

The Arduino Ethernet shield uses Wiznet WS5500 chip (or other versions), is that what you mean?

There are Ethernet shields, as well as “Ethernet Uno” which has mega328 and Wiznet chip. Arduino have reference designs in Eagle, you can convert these to KiCad.