Error message in BZR 5852 - to do with python wxversion (Windows)

Hi, I just upgraded from BZR 5369 to BZR 5852 and am now getting an error message in pcbnew.

General background:

• I used KiCAD winbuilder 3.4
  • I did a fresh install (e.g. created a new directory in C:\ , rather than update my old install)
  • The first few attempts failed and after a bit of googling I found that the winbuilder is broken so I edited the line 57 in “setenv.bat” to read: “SET PYTHONPATH=%PYTHONHOME%;%CD%\build\wxPython-cmake-mswu-gcc_dll_cm-3.0.0-win32\wxpython”
  • I did the install and it worked ok apart from this error…
  • I did the same thing on another PC and I do NOT get any error messages. This seems to be…something corrupted on this particular machine.

Problem Symptoms:

• The screen shot of the error is here: http://tiny.cc/xjja0x (sorry, I cannot post photos yet)
  • The error message only appears when I start pcbnew for the first time after starting KiCAD (when I restart KiCAD and start the pcbnew again, it appears again, but if I close pcbnew and leave KiCAD running, the message will not appear again until I restart KiCAD and then start pcbnew) …hope this makes sense :wink:
  • When shutting down KiCAD (only if I had pcbnew open during that session) it crashes and Windows gives me an error message: “Kicad.exe has stopped working”…“check online for a solution or Close the program”. I can post the problem signature if someone is interested, but the “Fault Module Name” is “libpython2.7.dll”

Please, does anyone have any idea of what it could be?

Thank you in advance!

Can anybody help please? would it help to completely remove KiCAD and reinstall? If so, is there a list of items that need to be manually removed in order to do a complete wipe?

Thank you!