I have followed the following steps:
- Create the schematic in Eschema.
- Annotated the components
- Associated the components with their corresponding footprints.
- Generated a netlist.
- Opened the netlist in PCBNEW and then exported as Specctra DSN format
- Opened the DSN file in FREEROUTING
- Ran AUTOROUTER (successfully got the routing traces as expected)
- Exported auto-routed design as Specctra Session file
PROBLEM: The exported specctra file is of 0 bytes. I don’t what is going wrong here. Then once, I import the .sess file back to PCBNEW, it is throwing the following error.
Board may be corrupted, do not save it. Fix problem and try again Expanded Error: Expecting " '(' " in input/source "/home/projectfolder/myPCB.sess" line 1, offset 1
NOTE: I am running this entire project on Ubuntu 20.04. And I am using Freerouting version v1.4.5-SNAPSHOT(build-date:2021-10-25)