Error by building BZR 6362 on Debian Jessie

I got errors when i try to build from source. I had no errors by cmake. I take this guide:

https://kicad.org/contribute/build-linux/

Linking CXX shared module _cvpcb.kiface
/usr/bin/ld: /home/xxx/build/kicad/kicad.bzr/boost_root/lib/libboost_filesystem.a(path.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S against `_ZNSs4_Rep20_S_empty_rep_storageE' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/home/xxx/build/kicad/kicad.bzr/boost_root/lib/libboost_filesystem.a: error adding symbols: Bad value
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
cvpcb/CMakeFiles/cvpcb_kiface.dir/build.make:762: recipe for target 'cvpcb/_cvpcb.kiface' failed
make[2]: *** [cvpcb/_cvpcb.kiface] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:840: recipe for target 'cvpcb/CMakeFiles/cvpcb_kiface.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [cvpcb/CMakeFiles/cvpcb_kiface.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:137: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Don’t know whether it is a bug or missing dependency.

There have been a handful of changes to the CMake config recently. Someone just asked this same question on the dev list, so it isn’t just you.

I’ll update this when it is figured out on the dev list.

Ok thanks so i have to wait.

Hmm, so it seems to be an issue with passing the PIC flag when boost is compiled.

I would recommend cleaning your build dir and running the cmake command again, but add -DKICAD_SKIP_BOOST=On. Make sure you have the boost-devel or whatever it is on debian installed.

Pretty much all of the developers just use the system boost for dev which is why this was probably missed.

Ok this works. Build is succesful. Hopefully no errors when i use KiCad, but i think the boost devel packages from the debian stable repos are reliable.