ERC problems in KiCad 6

I’m getting a lot of ERC errors:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/kicad/erc-issues-with-kicad-6/

Can anyone help with this please?
Thanks
David

All of the pins on one side of the symbol aren’t connected for some reason? Grid error on symbol? Green box means not connected.

Where did the symbol come from?

The answers in the eevblog are quite right.
On the right side no wire is connected, it seems a grid issue.
The power wires seem to be buses and not wires.
Look in the FAQ of this forum for the Pin Not Driven error

Your smallish screenshot a bit magnified, you can see the lines are not centered with the pin:

Squares on the endpoints of wires and circles on the end points of symbol pins are both indications of something not connected, and this usually is a grid alignment issue.

To fix it:

1. Set the grid to 50mil or 100 mil.
  2. Select everything on the schematic.
  3. Right click and select: Align elements to Grid from the popup menu.

In KiCad you should always use a 50mil or (or multiple thereof) for all schematic symbols. If you want to place some items (such as texts) off-grid, then simply press [Ctrl] while moving that item.

1 Like

Thank you - your solution moved the problem to the pins on the LHS of the part, so in the end I had to edit the symbol and move the pins on the RHS by the smallest fraction to the right and all worked.

Thanks

That’s why I asked where the symbol came from. My guess is it didn’t start life as a native Kicad symbol and maybe a small rounding error occurred in the import.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.