ERC flags one of several identically connected components

Hi,

extremely new user here, both for electronics in general and of KiCad (v6.07 on Windows).

I have designed a schematic with a chain of WS2812B LEDs. For only the first of them the ERC flags the power pins as not connected. The other LEDs are fine. I have tried reconnecting them but that does not help.

I can not see a difference when using the “highlight wires and pins of a net” tool. I can select any of the wires and pins on the component that shows the error and on the ones that don’t. The highlighted net and pins on other components look good to my (very) untrained eye.

Also all seems correct in the PCB layout. I had rats nest connections displayed for both offending pins and had to route them. The DRC comes up without any problems.

A screenshot illustrating the problem can be viewed at https://imgur.com/a/Q38J8jQ

The KiCad project is available at GitHub - MarianAldenhoevel/DoorSign: A PCB-Design to be used as door-sign if you want to take a look.

Thank you for reading!

A problem is reported only once per net, in this case the 5V and GND nets. All the other LEDs are across the same two nets.

The problem is almost certainly due to no power output pin on the 5V and GND nets. The report can be suppressed with the use of a couple of PWR_FLAGs. I can’t see where 5V and GND are coming from but I’m guessing a connector rather than a battery or voltage regulator. See this post for a good explanation: ErrType(3): Pin connected to some others pins but no pin to drive it It’s a bit old and the message may differ somewhat but it’s the same situation.

1 Like

A problem is reported only once per net,

That makes sense and explains the effect perfectly.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.