ERC error exclusions

ERC is handy sometimes to catch a subtle thing I missed, but I don’t spend too much time quieting all the errors (I gave up on power flags and such) and ignore a lot of them.

Now I am updated to 7.0.9 and I see a bunch of new “Error reading simulation model…” stuff, which even complains about test points and mounting holes. I have never used the kicad spice simulator, though according to the version info it is turned on. How can these erc errors get quieted? I don’t understand how the exclusion works.

Application: KiCad PCB Editor x86_64 on x86_64

Version: 7.0.9, release build

Libraries:
	wxWidgets 3.2.4
	FreeType 2.13.2
	HarfBuzz 8.1.1
	FontConfig 2.14.2
	libcurl/8.4.0-DEV OpenSSL/3.1.4 zlib/1.3 nghttp2/1.56.0

Platform: Freedesktop.org SDK 23.08 (Flatpak runtime), 64 bit, Little endian, wxGTK, pop, x11

Build Info:
	Date: Nov 14 2023 06:02:46
	wxWidgets: 3.2.4 (wchar_t,wx containers) GTK+ 3.24
	Boost: 1.83.0
	OCC: 7.7.2
	Curl: 8.4.0-DEV
	ngspice: 41
	Compiler: GCC 13.2.0 with C++ ABI 1018

Build settings:
	KICAD_SPICE=ON

Right click the error in the ERC window → click “Ignore all (whatever the error name is) errors”.

Apart from the right click, as gkeeth wrote, you can also control them via PCB Editor / File / Board Setup / Design Rules / Violation Severity. You can go though the list, adjust them to your personal preferences, and optionally create a template from the project.

Both good tips – much quieter now. thx.

That Solution tag is supposed to be used to mark the post that solves the issue. View your thread from the standpoint of someone else searching the forum for hints for their own problems, and then seeing the problem explained in the opening post, combined with how to fix the issue just below it.

I took the liberty of marking your answer as the solution since you gave the best overview.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.