ERC & DRC problems when converting from Kicad 6 to 7

Good evening,

I opened a project that I did with KICAD 5 with version 6.
It works, but when I check the electrical rules I get hundreds of warnings like: “Warning: Symbol ‘GND’ or ‘Power’ or ‘1N4002’…etc, has been modified in library …etc”
If I run the PCB view, the display is good, but I also have hundreds of warnings that tracks have an unconnected end
I must have missed a step.
If I try, version 7 is worse, the schematic loads,… then the Kicad application closes.
If we could already see what’s happening in version 6
NB: Kicad 5 is not reinstalled (I had a disk crash), so I had to resume everything at 0

cdt

Just accept the changes with Tools > Update Symbols from Library, the library symbols did change.

You’ll notice they are all very short. v5 left behind a lot of short tracks, v6 and v7 are more strict in reporting them. You can fix them all with Tools > Cleanup Tracks and Vias.

Are you using 7.0.5? There was a bug in the importer for v5 files. Otherwise import in v6, then save and continue with v7.

BTW using PB’s as an abbreviation for Problems saves you typing just 4 characters. :crazy_face:

Hello RetiredFeline,

I did the manipulation from the Tools menu (on Kicad 6.0.11), it’s better, but I still have a lot of errors on the “power” symbols especially the “GND”.
Could be a file to copy or something?

Nb: i have made a new installation of version 7 (7.0.5), but not tested at this point.

Thank’s for your help

Just update the GND and other symbols from the library. The UUIDs did change.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.