ERC connection error type 2

Which DRC error? All we can see is red arrows, which could be anything.

At a guess, red flags are power output/output conflict errors. I would suspect CN24 has pins set to “power output”, which conflict with gnd symbol, for example.

D2 and D4 also could be two connected outputs.

In general there must one and only one output on a net. But we need to see the errors list.

ETA: your bridge rectifier doesn’t look right to me, are you sure you have grounds in right places?

Joined the two topics into one, sorry for a moment of confusion for ya all :slight_smile:

The bridge is correct.

As I deduced from the title of the thread, the ERC reports a plenty of ErrType(2). This would indicate problems in connections through the “wire overlaps”. Note that you can not see the grid in the screenshot. So, it is either switched off, or the pitch is very small, which could have caused such a state of things.

But rather the problem lies in poor design symbols. Who knows if the pins of CN25, CN24 and cathodes of D1-D4 do not have the attributes “Power Output”. KiCad users use various tricks to get rid of PWR_FLAG…

I think Bobc meant the dual grounds that presently short D3 arm.
ie Needs left-most ground removed.

Yes, I think there is a clue in the Pin6 arrow position, but strange is that on my eeschema, I get red-circles and green boxes on not-connected pins / incorrectly overlapped wire ends…

Thanks for reply
send next week i busy for my job
once again thanks for ur cooperation.
:sunglasses:

Obviously the guy is a novice and reporting partial information. Type 2 is no connect error and has green flags. He probably fixed those, then got type 5 error and red flags due to output conflicts. If you look at the ERC table, you see that output and power output in any combination produce an error.

I’m pretty sure the bridge is wrong, I don’t see how it would work like that.

It is wrong.
I see this a lot due to people using simulators, which tend to crash with a floating power source. A high value resistor to ground keeps things converging

EASY AVR-cache.lib (6.0 KB)

EASY AVR.erc (113 Bytes)

EASY AVR.kicad_pcb (51 Bytes)

EASY AVR.pro (1.3 KB)

EASY AVR-cache.lib (6.0 KB)

EASY AVR.bak (13.1 KB)

EASY AVR.pro.kicad_wks (2.1 KB)

EASY AVRn.erc (113 Bytes)

EASY AVR.sch (14.0 KB)

As I said before:

Read the ERC report and fix pin functions in your symbols. Watch the original KiCad libraries how to properly design symbol graphics and symbol pins.

1 Like

ok
thanks
:relieved:

but i designed regarding to user manual instructions.
but, may be i maid error in pin functions that i not selected carefully.
Ok I am trying to do .
thanks
gentlman

one thins i am forgot i dont know where is schematic DRC function tab.
I watched video tutorial a guy is creating .sch lib. but on linux platform not on windows .
please let me know where is DRC function switch on kicad…
thanks

Please remember:

1. Passive components including transistors, triacs, SCR, etc. = Passive pin type, no excuses.
  2. Active components = Read the datasheet pin table, compare with internal schematic, set proper pin type.
  3. If analog pin and not power input or output = Set passive for peace of mind.

Be familiar with PWR_FLAG and “No connect” symbol.

The result after symbols clean-up. But I still have some objections about the red areas.

Eeschema doesn’t have (yet) on-line ERC. You have to start it manually. Look for “ladybug” icon on top tool-bar.

1 Like

thanks u r appreciated person
ok
i am trying

1 Like

according me bridge is correct
because diod are connected in parallel + + and - -.
but if u found any error pls let me know
thanks

The bridge may be correct, but you have two grounds, which is incorrect.

As drawn D3 is shorted out.
A dc input only uses D2
An ac input blows up D1 or the source

A post was merged into an existing topic: How to create footprint for DPAK?