Enable/disable automatic DRC feature on PCB layout no more available in Kicad 7.0?

I’m trying to route ethernet connection differential pairs from a small pitch (0.4mm) connector to a standard RJ45 socket.
Board stackup is 4 layer 1.6mm with 0.22 mm distance between ground plane an external plane.
Tracks netclass for this diff pair should be 0.25mm wide / 0.25mm clearance to match required impedance.
If I add ethernet related tracks to such a netclass I cannot start drawing because DRC immediately stops me (in every drawing mode)… on previous Kicad release there was a disable automatic DRC/ERC icon. I used to disable DRC then route some millimeters of track to get out of the connector and then re-enable it and route the remaing differential pair… how can I do it now ? I cannot find a way to disable DRC check.
I can set the differential pair so it match such connector pad settings and also match impedance but this result into a dielectric height of 0.11mm that’s not what I want and anyway I could have similar issues with USB and camera tracks I need to route on the same board.

Version info dump:

Application: KiCad x64 on x64

Version: 7.0.5, release build

Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.2.2
FreeType 2.12.1
HarfBuzz 6.0.0
FontConfig 2.14.1
libcurl/7.88.1-DEV Schannel zlib/1.2.13

Platform: Windows 10 (build 19045), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW

Build Info:
Date: May 27 2023 02:48:13
wxWidgets: 3.2.2 (wchar_t,wx containers)
Boost: 1.81.0
OCC: 7.6.3
Curl: 7.88.1-DEV
ngspice: 40
Compiler: Visual C++ 1936 without C++ ABI

Build settings:
KICAD_SPICE=ON

maybe try in pcb-editor: Route–>Interactive router settings (there is also a hotkey available).
In the router-settings dialog: choose Mode–>highlight collisions + checkbox “Allow DRC violations”.

There is also a hotkey available to cycle between the 3 router-modes highlight mode → Shove Mode → Walkaround MOde → highlight mode -->…
During routing this hotkey is faster than the opening/closing of the router-settings dialog.

This has nothing to do with ERC, which only applies to the Schematic

Thnx I finally managed to setup the hotkeys to switch from Highlight collisions to Walk Around mode and viceversa.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.