Electr. Rule Check -- getting rid of warning

I get a warning when I connect a bidirectional pin to GND. The connection is correct.

Aside from just ignoring the warning knowing that it’s not a mistake in the schematic, is there some way to “tell” KiCAD that that connection is ok so that it does not produce that warning?

Two options: change the bidirectional pin to power input or unspecified or uncheck the warning for power output-bidirectional in the table under ERC options tab.

I thought of doing something along these lines for this particular case; but it’s not the right thing to do in general. The pin is just a pin that, on power-on, comes as an input; but it can then be re-configured by software as either input or output. So, strictly speaking the pin should be marked bidirectional.

Ok, I like this one better — I still don’t like the idea of making a change for the type of connections, as opposed to making a change for one particular connection. At least the change is not persistent, so that’s much better.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.