EESchema no longer runs after update

Hello, I am trying to update my Kicad 5.1.0 to 5.1.5, after deleting the old version and installing the new, opening an old project with .pro is Ok, then when I click to Eeschemas, a window with name as Project Rescue Helper and I have this message : “Could not use OpenGL, failing back to software rendering”
“Cannot link the shaders!” then Eeschema not opening I need to kill the windows.
Do you have an idea ?
Thank you.
Vincent.

Why 5.1.2? The current version is 5.1.5.

Also Eeschema not responding when opening Schematicac

I Rene, I was on 5.1.0 then I try 5.1.5, this is a typo ! Sorry.
First I try 5.1.5 then now I’m on 5.1.5-2.

did you read the topic i linked?

Yes, and not sure to understand : “I changed the canvas type in \AppData\Roaming\kicad\eeschema from 1 to 2 and it will now load.”
The file eeschema content only colors …

The file does contain colour definitions but that should really not be all.

The line should be something like canvas_type=2 (2 being opengl, you would want it to be 1).

For reference here my full eeschema file: eeschema (6.6 KB)

What is the path of the eeschema file you looked at? What is your operating system?

Ok thank you René, my file is in: C:\Users\Vincent\AppData\Roaming contains only lines with the same colors as your file (from line 67 to 104), by the way, can I replace my file by yours? Without risk ? Thank you.

So, I renamed my file and copied yours. After that I reload my project, no more error on eschema then 2 warning message on PCB_new but able to see my project. Not sure why the file doesn’t include all the necessary things, but it now seems to work. Thanks again René for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.