Eeschema Issue - 5.1.5 - Windows 10

Hi all,

Brand new to Kicad and the forum so excuse me if I am wasting your time / going over a well known issue.

I found an old post from the forums from a previous version that described exactly the issue I suddenly faced - no matter what I did, I could not get Eeschema to open a schematic file. EEschema would open in a new window as usual, but it was totally blank.

To fix this, I closed Kicad and then deleted all files in the following location:

C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\kicad

Upon opening Kicad again, this reset everything and I have not had any further issues. It took me ages to resolve this and find the previous post so hopefully this helps in some small way as the current release obviously still has an issue.

Version Info as follows:

Application: KiCad
Version: (5.1.5)-3, release build
Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.0.4
libcurl/7.66.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1d (Schannel) zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.7 libidn2/2.2.0 libpsl/0.21.0 (+libidn2/2.1.1) nghttp2/1.39.2
Platform: Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Build Info:
wxWidgets: 3.0.4 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Boost: 1.71.0
OpenCASCADE Community Edition: 6.9.1
Curl: 7.66.0
Compiler: GCC 9.2.0 with C++ ABI 1013

Build settings:
USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_PYTHON3=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON
BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
KICAD_USE_OCE=ON
KICAD_USE_OCC=OFF
KICAD_SPICE=ON

I suppose that the key information that could probably allow to discover the bug source was in files you have deleted.
If you can restore that state (may be deleted files can be restored from Windows basket) than probably it would have sense to report that bug adding those files.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.