EEschema deleted power rail appears in .pdf (tried both print and plot.)

Unable to get to Gitlab right now to report a bug.

This is an image snip from the .pdf

Note the +24V in the lower left.

This is an image snip of the same area of the schematic file. Note that the +24V is not there. (I had deleted it.)

I also note that symbol disconnect circles are appearing for no apparent reason (indicating that the symbol pins are not connected to the wires.)

19V input car battery charger January 23 2020a.sch (92.6 KB)

My version information

Version: (5.99.0-766-gfe15511d3), release build
Libraries:
    wxWidgets 3.0.4
    libcurl/7.66.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1d (Schannel) zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.7 libidn2/2.2.0 libpsl/0.21.0 (+libidn2/2.1.1) nghttp2/1.39.2
Platform: Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Build Info:
    Build date: Jan 17 2020 22:17:59
    wxWidgets: 3.0.4 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
    Boost: 1.71.0
    OpenCASCADE Community Edition: 6.9.1
    Curl: 7.66.0
    Compiler: GCC 9.2.0 with C++ ABI 1013

Build settings:
    KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
    KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
    KICAD_SCRIPTING_PYTHON3=OFF
    KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
    KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX=OFF
    KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON
    BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
    KICAD_USE_OCE=ON
    KICAD_USE_OCC=OFF
    KICAD_SPICE=ON```

I just refreshed my install to the latest nightly; seems to have resolved this issue.  Usually when I install the lite nightly I skip the libraries.  But this time it seemed to eliminate my previous libraries when I skipped that.  So I tried the install 3 times; including the libraries on the 3rd attempt.

```Application: KiCad
Version: (5.99.0-788-g8f778b5a0), release build
Libraries:
    wxWidgets 3.0.4
    libcurl/7.66.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1d (Schannel) zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.7 libidn2/2.2.0 libpsl/0.21.0 (+libidn2/2.1.1) nghttp2/1.39.2
Platform: Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Build Info:
    Build date: Jan 23 2020 07:35:52
    wxWidgets: 3.0.4 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
    Boost: 1.71.0
    OpenCASCADE Community Edition: 6.9.1
    Curl: 7.66.0
    Compiler: GCC 9.2.0 with C++ ABI 1013

Build settings:
    KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
    KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
    KICAD_SCRIPTING_PYTHON3=OFF
    KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
    KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX=OFF
    KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON
    BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
    KICAD_USE_OCE=ON
    KICAD_USE_OCC=OFF
    KICAD_SPICE=ON```

What grid setting have you selected and are the symbols your own or Kicad library symbols? Kicad relies in connection points sitting on a grid. The standard grid setting is 50 mil (although the units are essentially irrelevant). Connection points for Kicad library components are designed to fit on this pitch grid. Smaller pitch settings are selectable to allow users to draw more details but if you leave the finer pitch setting selected you will run into problems connecting components.

1 Like

Thanks, John

I was using 50 mil grid.

My original message seems to be somewhat truncated. I later installed the latest nightly and this issue seemed to go away. I did encounter some new difficulties after the first install as it seems the standard symbols were deleted when I unchecked the option to install them. On my third try, I tried including the standard symbols and then all worked OK. Never encountered this issue before.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.