Duplicating a Hierarchical sheet several times on the same schematic[SOLVED]

Hello,

So I’m basically tring to duplicate a helical sheet a few times off the same schematic just with different sheet name for each.

How’d I do that?

NVM, here is the solution:

1 Like

Do you mean Hierarchical sheet?

Either use block select plus copy block. (after copying you only need to change the sheet name. Leave the filename unchanged.)

Or simply add a new sheet with the same file name (The reference needs to be different for all sheets.) There will be a popup asking you if you want to create a sheet with the same content. Yes you want that.

For this to work be careful with global labels. Use hierarchical pins to connect the sheet to the outside.

1 Like

What’s a helical sheet?

A typo I think, but I lost my ability to edit titles :frowning:

1 Like

Sorry for replying so late but I’ve found the solution right away wonder why everybody missed that but thanks anyway

1 Like

You need to give likes again. (every other requirement for being a regular should be fulfilled by you.)

I think I started writing my answer before you answered yourself, got distracted and send my answer out long after you gave your own answer.

So that’s why there is so much “liking” going on! I often see posts that are completely devoid of any useful content being liked and wonder why. So giving “likes” actually improves your standing here on the forum? I always thought likes were meant to be a sort of voting system for adding merit to a post.

Yes, before I just gave out random likes to get to Regular status. That just seems silly and defeats the purpose. There are many things about Discourse I really like, but some of the features are really dumb.

Being a Regular doesn’t help me personally, but would let me help with the community. But never mind, I can just sit back and let other people do the housework :slight_smile:

1 Like

First of all you make a lot of good contributions here. You help out a lot of people with your posts and tutorials. (I think i link your how to install local libs tutorial at least once a week.)
The same is true for a lot of others here. (So you all deserve a like from time to time :heart_eyes:)

One only needs to give 30 likes within 100 days. (1 like per 3 days.) I think these likes need to be spread between different people and different topics. So always liking the same person does not get you the regular status. (Note: of course giving likes alone is not enough. But for some it is the only requirement missing to reach regular.)

The like feature wants do encourage us to give positive feedback. (In a way that does not derail the conversation.)
Positive feedback in turn motivates people to contribute further. (The old austrian sentiment of “Net gschimpft ist globt gnua” [to go unscolded is praise enough.] does not work in communities that rely on volunteers.)

Why do i give so many likes? (I assume sometimes i give likes for things that you or @1.21Gigawatts think has no useful content.)

I try to always give a like for posts that help answer a question/ give a solution to a problem. (Or if it gives enough information for someone to help themselves.)

I definitely always give a like for people who come back later to tell us how they solved the problem themselfes that they originally stated.

Another thing that gets a like is if people share something that can be of use for others. (A script, a library, documentation, …)

It really doesn’t matter for me how well a post is written or how hard someone had to work for it. (I always assume that english is a foreign language for the people posting. Which might mean that even a few sentences might have been a lot of work for them.)

TlDr: I try to always give positive feedback whenever someone makes a contribution to this community. (Most of the time by liking the post.)

4 Likes

Ok, I guess I am more Craig Revel Horwood than Len Goodman. :slight_smile:

But I don’t see the need to lower my bar or jump through hoops just so I can edit thread titles… it’s kind of like telling the kids, if you do your homework, I will let you empty the bins… how is that an incentive?

BTW, there is still a typo in the thread title :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope i fixed the correct typo.

I changed “helical”. I first thought the OP was trying to draw a PCB antenna array

1 Like

I give likes when the post helped or had helpful content, as well as when it’s funny :wink:
But yeah, all for the higher goal of enabling all of you to get a little more abilities.
If you’re liking each others posts it should go even better as I think the algorithm that checks the likes and gives you more power does set the bar lower if the likes come from different people.