Drill Map Fails to Import

Version: (6.0.10), release build
Platform: Windows 10 (build 19045), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW

I’m having issues importing a DXF of the drill map (internally generated via File > Fabrication Outputs > Drill Files) onto the F. Fab layer (or any layer, really). This used to work perfectly fine but suddenly has failed to work on my existing project and, to my surprise, other projects as well.

When I do perform the import (ensuring that my units match the exported units, either mm or inches), I’m presented with a small dot to be placed on my layer of choice. If I re-do the import with a greater scale, the dot only gets larger (i.e. it’s not just a miniature version of the drill map).

When I open the DXF in eDrawings, it presents perfectly fine so I assume that this isn’t an issue with the generation part of the process but more so with the import part.

I had a co-worker perform the same procedure on his machine and it works fine (just how it used to work for me).

I’ve tried restarting my machine, updating KiCad (originally this was done on 6.0.4) and trying this procedure on a different project. Has anyone experienced this issue?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.