Drill map + F.SilkS + F.Copper

I’m prototyping and debugging my PCB using the toner-transfer method, and I need to print out the Drill map for all the through hole components, the NPTH drill map, and the front silk screen and the front copper layer, all in one single print out.

I’m using a single sided board, and my front copper layer is basically just straight connecting wires that I’ll solder in manually using wire, but I need this as part of the front silk screen and drill hole marks to use as a guide when I go to drill the holes and solder in the via wires.

How do I combine these into one single print so I can toner-transfer it to the non-copper side?

I can create the individual PDFs for silk screen, drills, NPTH drills, but not combined.

I’ve also tried to plot them as Gerber/drill files and combine them using GerbView and I can get it to all combine on the screen, but when I print, it just splits each layer out into separate pages.

Is there way to do this?

(KiCad v4.0.7)

I don’t understand what you exactly need but:

1. In File|Export SVG you have a choice One file per layer/All in one file (No drills here as I suppose)
  2. In File|Print you have a choise 1 Page per Layer/Single page and you can switch on Pads Drill Opt (not vissible if no copper layer printed).

To combine gerbers together I think the Gerbv is better then KiCads gerber viever. May be other Gerber viewers also, but I have do some experiments some time ago only with this one.

Use a text editor to copy the contents of each file you want combined into a single file.

Although i am confused as to why you need copper and silk in the same file you can use the print dialog instead of the plot dialog to achieve that.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.