Drill is filled with mask says manufacturer

Hello KiCad Team !!

I decigned a PCB and sent it to manufacturer pcbway. During verification by they said there is a problem and is deceived like this : “Point pads and drills are covered with solder mask ink, are they correct? there are many other places like this, could you check whole file by your side?we think they should be opened”

So what I understood is they ment the through hole is covered with soldering mask right ? But I don’t see that in my design. Even when I check my layout the pads are properly hole and is not filled. Can you guys help me when exactly the manufacturer ment ?

The screenshot which I upload is pointed by the manufacturer as filled. But my 3d doesn’t look like that.

What does the Gerber viewer show if you turn off the display of all layers except the solder mask layers?

Here’s a screenshot of gerbview on a project of mine displaying only the soldermask and edge cut layers. It shows that there is indeed no soldermask on the pads or the holes within.

PS: Is it possible you mixed up some Gerber files? Maybe zipped up an old version of the soldermask layer files or something?

1 Like

Hello @kenyapcomau, Thank you for the response. But I am not able to figure it out, I have uploaded the Gerber here if you get some time can you please help me?

gerber.zip (160.7 KB)

Gerbers look good to me, only vias are tented.

1 Like

@ZASto, Thanks for the feed back ! :+1:

It looks like you have checked the Use Extended X2 format option in the plot dialog. I think PCBway, like many Chinese fabs, cannot handle these. Try resubmitting without this option

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.