DRC flags schematic parity warnings for unconnected pins with multiple pads in footprint

I have a rasberry pi pico w I’ve added to my design. The schematic and footprint are sync’d. I’ve noticed that when I run DRC, I get multiple warnings saying that the pad net doesn’t match the net given by the schematic. Interestingly, I only seem to get these warnings for unconnected pads. As soon as I assign a pad that had a warning to ground (or any other net), the warning goes away. One unique thing about this footprint is that it has two pads assigned to each net (one SMD and one through-hole). I’m guessing that when the net in the schematic is designated as “unconnected”, only one of the two pads in the associated footprint gets designated accordingly. This doesn’t appear to be the case when the net is connected in the schematic. See associated images below for clarification:

Just a guess here:

Schematic symbol is: GPIO0
Footprint is: GP0

Could this be your issue?

I don’t think so. The labels in footprint you are referring to are just silkscreen text, not linked to the actual pads. I’m pretty sure the links between the schematic and the footprints are exclusively done through the pad numbers.

Could you attach the zipped project here?

It appears I’m not allowed to include attachments as a new user.

Are you sure? I promoted you to “basic user” level before I asked.

It seems to work now, there may have been some lag.

PicoW.zip (395.6 KB)

The library for the Pico is missing.

Also what version of KiCad are you running.
Help / About KiCad
Copy version info.

I am using version 8.0.1.

Rasberry Pi.zip (4.4 KB)
RPi_Pico.pretty.zip (10.5 KB)

I get the same error just now in a similar situation:

Version: 8.0.1, release build
Platform: Windows 10 (build 19045), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW

Edit: In my design it seems that in PCB editor every pad has a different connection. Kicad adds a suffix _0, _1…
error

Edit again: Finally I have found a message explaining the problem: