DRC ERROR of annular width

Hi, I have a DRC error for the annular width, please someone help with that.

What IC is that? Why are there holes on the edge of the pads?

Is this meant to mousebites?
Also what is your KiCad version. DRC is evolving fast

Those are castellated Holes.

No those are Castellated Holed, kicad version 8.0

Are the pads actually defined as castellated?

yeah it defined a castellated in fabrication properties

V8.0.what? Early V8 had many minor bugs

what can I do now? can you please help me

One thing you can do is post your full version information, from Help / About KiCad / Copy Version Info and post it here. Or better / also make sure you are using V8.0.6 That third digit is important.

Another thing you can do is make a small test project, zip it up and post it here. It should have a simple schematic, a symbol with this footprint attached (and maybe some extra resistors or such) and a PCB with this footprint, also attached to something.

I am not very familiar with castellated pads myself, and setting up a test project from scratch is some substantial amount of work (maybe half an hour). You can make a copy of your project into a test project in a few minutes. At the moment I am not sure whether you are doing something wrong or whether it’s a bug in KiCad. With such a test project, it’s a lot easier for others to have a deeper look at what is going on inside your project.

1 Like

Have you read Castellated edge; plated half holes in board edge ?

I have tried to do it like you, without copper going over the edge, but it’s futile. It doesn’t give any benefit over just using whole annular rings.